Can you factory reset a Roku remote?
Yes, you certainly can. This function is assigned to a physical button on the back of a Roku device.
It’s either the tactile variant or the standard pinhole found in many other devices.
It is pretty simple to return to factory settings.
All you have to do is find something small enough to fit in the hole and then hold down the button a bit longer before releasing it.
After that, settings will revert to their original state.
How do I reset my Roku remote?
Before we go over the tutorial, let us remind you that performing a factory reset cause massive changes to the current preferences.
For example, all the personal settings will be cleared up from the system.
And then, the Roku account you’ve linked before will also be deleted.
Basically, what you’ve saved while using the device, they won’t be there anymore.
You must start all over to bring back the previous configuration.
There are several options to reset. The first one is via Settings, which is ideal if the device is still functional.
- Use the remote to navigate through the following options.
- Start by hitting the home button on the remote.
- Scroll through and then choose Settings > System.
- After that, choose ‘Advanced System Settings’.
- You should see ‘Factory Reset’ there, select it to initiate the process.
- In case you have a Roku TV paired with the system, you’re gonna go with this option ‘Factory Reset Everything’. If not, just proceed with the next step.
- Follow the instructions the system walks you through.
- If you want to reset the remote because it’s not working, try to remove the batteries, and then re-pair by long-pressing the button hidden underneath the battery cover.
Where is the reset button on Roku remote?
The Roku remote has a physical factory reset button on the back or bottom.
This button’s nature is either tactile or pinhole and certain gadgets can be factory reset by long pressing this button.
How do I reset my Roku to Factory Settings without a remote?
If the device starts acting up after a prolonged period of use, you can use the physical button on the back that is designated for this function.
There are two types of reset buttons. It could be tactile or pinhole.
If it’s the latter, you’ll need a SIM ejector or something slightly larger, such as a paper clip.
Straighten it out because you’ll need the pointy end to reach the button’s surface. While doing this, make sure the device is turned on.
In any case, a device with a tactile button does not require any tools. Simply pressing it for a few seconds will restore the system.
Find the button inside the pinhole in the second scenario, assuming you have the tool ready.
Hold it for about 10 seconds. This will initiate the factory reset, which will be indicated by the indicator light blinking.
Once completed, the Roku device will boot up and return to the state it was in when you first removed it from the box.
There are a few more steps to finish the process:
- Do the guided setup process to activate it once again.
- Log in to streaming channels that demand login credentials.
- Set a PIN consisting of 4 numbers of your own choice.
- Modify parental control Settings.
- Do a broadcast TV channel scan if your Roku is paired with an HDTV antenna.
How do I get my Roku remote to work again?
These methods might help sort out the problem:
- Try to restart the Roku box or detach the streaming stick from the television. Wait for a second, and try to establish the connection again. Test it out.
- Lift the batteries from the compartment, put them back in or insert new ones. Long-press the pair button once they’ve been snapped into place.
- If the Roku device connects to the HDMI port, please unplug it and plug it again before retesting. You can also put an extender cable between the Roku device and the TV, which may fix the problem.