What is Roku PIN code?
A Roku PIN is a series of numbers designed to protect the owner’s security.
Never take security for granted, regardless of the service or device you use to prevent unauthorized access to your account.
If you use Roku, you must implement the same level of security.
Roku transforms a TV into a smart TV, and while this does not appear to jeopardize personal data, the provider provides a PIN lock for a reason.
It wants you to grant permission for another user to use the device.
As a result, the code will aid in the elimination of unwanted activities such as suspicious purchases made by anyone who has no affiliation with the account.
It may also prevent other users from viewing restricted content.
To be sure, creating a PIN is simple. You can do it directly from your Roku website dashboard.
A Roku PIN is typically made up of four characters, which you can activate by following these steps:
Where do I find my Roku code?
- As mentioned earlier, the Roku code is accessible on the dashboard. So the first thing you have to do is visit this My Roku link on your computer, laptop, or mobile device.
- Sign in using the credentials you’ve had. In case you forget the password, there’s a thorough tutorial on the site to help recover that information.
- Take a look at ‘PIN Preference’. Underneath this section, you can click on ‘Update’.
- The next step is to set a PIN or passcode. After completing the previous steps, navigate to ‘Making Purchases’ and ‘Adding Channels’.
- You’d come across several options, either go with ‘Require a PIN to Make Purchases’ or ‘Require a PIN to Make Purchases and Add Channels’.
- Choose ‘Save Preferences’.
- If asked to define the new PIN, just insert the 4-digit number you want. Once you’re done typing in the code, click on ‘Save PIN’.
That’s it; you can now enter the code whenever the device prompts you to grant access.
Can the current PIN be changed?
Yes, it is possible, and here’s how to go about it.
Also Read: How Do I Reset My Roku Code?
- Go back to PIN Preferences.
- Choose ‘Change PIN’.
- Type in a new 4-digit code to replace the old one.
- Hit ‘Save PIN’, and with that, your old PIN will be instantly overridden and no longer usable to make changes to Settings.
Do you wish to configure parental restrictions with a PIN?
The good news is that Roku makes this possible as well.
Because not every content is suitable for children to watch, we must choose age-appropriate entertainment for our children.
The code is geared at Roku library content. It has no effect on content outside of the channel, yet it is still valuable.
When you encounter restricted content for the first time, the device will prompt you for a PIN.
After you’ve chosen your PIN, go to ‘Parental Controls for the Roku Channel’ and select one of the following options:
- Off: means disabled.
- G, TV-Y, TV-G: suitable for little children.
- PG, TV-PG: suitable for young children.
- PG-13, TV-14: suitable for teenagers.
Then, click on ‘Save Preferences.’
That’s it; you’ve successfully added parental controls to your Roku channel.