How To Activate Twitch TV? [Guide]
Love gaming and want to bring the experience of watching TWITCH to your larger screen (TV)? Or, perhaps you’d prefer to play it on your PlayStation, Xbox, or smartphone instead. If this sounds like you, keep reading to learn more about how to activate Twitch TV.
Twitch is a huge streaming platform with over 140 million monthly active users.
This presents an opportunity for anyone who wants to communicate with the massive user base.
While Twitch accommodates streamers of all types, gaming remains one of its top niches.
So if you want to set up a gaming channel and build a following, exposing yourself to the enormous user base is the right thing to do.
The platform doesn’t just benefit gamers. It also gives an unprecedented opportunity for viewers to access gaming content.
As we know, watching broadcasts on Twitch is easy.
All you have to do is launch a web browser, visit twitch.tv and then wait until the page is fully loaded.
Can we bring the experience to a larger screen, such as a smart TV?
Yes, Twitch now supports a variety of devices, so you don’t have to be hooked up to your monitor all the time.
You can crash on your couch and then watch videos on your smart TV or Xbox.
However, before it becomes a reality, you must first activate your account.
This section is very important for letting people use smart TVs, the Xbox Series, the PS4 and PS5, and many other devices.
Get the Twitch activation code
There are several methods for obtaining an activation code. However, in general, this necessitates the installation of the Twitch app on the device in question.
When you launch the app for the first time, it will retrieve the unique code, which is usually 6 characters long.
It will serve as the passcode for connecting the device to your Twitch account.
The tutorial for each method is detailed below, so let’s get started.
How to activate Twitch TV using twitch.tv/activate
This is a simple way to generate the activation code.
Before we delve deeper, make sure you’ve got your account ready.
- If you don’t have one yet, please visit the Twitch official site, click on the ‘Sign Up’ button on the top right corner. Insert the necessary information, including your preferred username and password. At the end of the filled-out form, you’d see the ‘Sign Up’ button. Press it to submit your application. Let’s say you’ve verified the account. Here’s what you should go through to get the activation code.
- Install the Twitch TV app on a compatible device. You can find it on the official store of the said device or at any store that supports it. The unique code will appear after launching the app for the first time.
- Open up your computer’s or phone’s web browser and go to this URL: (https://www.twitch.tv/activate
- Open another tab to go to the homepage of Twitch TV. Sign in to the account you’ve created.
- Once you’re logged in, pull up the first tab, insert the 6-digit code you got from the device.
- Click on ‘Activate’. The verification process usually takes a few seconds.
- After the successful synchronization, you’ll be able to stream Twitch content on a bigger screen using the device.
How to activate Twitch TV on PlayStation
- Switch on the PlayStation console, and then search for the PlayStation Store on the screen.
- Find the Twitch app, install it.
- Once successful, launch the app and sign in to your Twitch account using valid credentials.
- The device will prompt for a 6-digit code. This is your activation code for the device.
- Visit twitch.tv/activate and then insert the code in the empty field.
- Select ‘Activate’ to give your PlayStation permission to use the Twitch app. You’ll now be able to stream content on the gaming console.
How to activate Twitch TV on Xbox
Twitch TV’s activation process on the Xbox is nearly identical.
This method can be used on a variety of Xbox models, including the Xbox One, Series X, and Series S.
However, there is a slight difference in how you obtain the app.
- Just like the PlayStation, the Xbox console also has its own store to download apps from, which is known as the Microsoft Store.
- Turn on the device until you see the main menu on the screen. Select the Microsoft Store, and then locate the Twitch App for Xbox. Add it to the system.
- Open the app as soon as the installation is done and sign in with your private login information.
- The device will automatically provide the activation code. This is what you’re supposed to copy and paste into the empty field on twitch.tv/activate. You can access this URL from a different device anyway.
- Once you’ve filled in the field with the code, click ‘Activate’. And with that, the pairing should be successful and Twitch content can be streamed right from your Xbox.
How to activate Twitch TV on smart TV
Regardless of the model, the most fundamental part of the whole setup process is downloading the Twitch TV app on the smart TV.
- Once you have it installed from any source, open the app. It should automatically come up with an activation code.
- If your smart TV has a built-in web browser, you can use it. Otherwise, switch to another device.
- Open two tabs, one for accessing the main Twitch site to log in to your account, and one for opening the Twitch activation page. Insert the code on this page.
- That’s it; Twitch TV should now work with your smart television.
How do I activate Twitch on my phone
After reading the previous tutorials, we’re sure you already know the drill as the process is largely the same.
- It starts with account creation. During the sign up process, you’ll be required to provide a phone number as a means for verification. Please give it the correct one, or alternatively, you can also use an email.
- After selecting either verification method, you’ll receive a 6-digit code on the phone or inbox. Input it on the same verification page mentioned earlier. Click ‘Submit’, and then ‘Done’.
- Now install the Twitch app from the Play Store. Open it and log in using your username and password. Have a good time enjoying your favorite Twitch streamers.