Are you looking for a way to stream from your Xbox?
Well, you’re in luck.
Twitch makes it simple for Xbox users to stream content directly from their console.
To set up a live stream, you do not need to prepare a capture card or go through a complicated process.
To broadcast your gameplay, all you need is an Xbox console and a few additional devices. You can do direct streaming on any Xbox model.
Because it eliminates the need for encoding software, setup is simple, even for novices. However, there is little room for experimentation in raising the production value.
If quality is the most important differentiator in your content creation, you’ll need to learn about encoders.
This tutorial is for those who want to learn how to stream on Twitch on Xbox.
Guide: How to Stream on Twitch on Xbox
- Start up your Xbox One, and then select the Microsoft Store on the right side of the screen.
- Once you’ve opened it, pay attention to the left sidebar, which is comprised of small icons. You have to click the search box right above the Home icon.
Also Read: How to Stream on Twitch on a PS4?
- Find the Twitch app using the virtual keyboard.
- Make sure to select the right app because there are some with deceptive thumbnails in the suggested results. Once installed, you can see it change status to ‘Owned’.
- After installation, you can launch the Twitch app. At this point, you’re halfway through the setup process.
- The next critical step is to log in to Twitch using valid credentials. The ‘Sign In’ button is on top of the screen. Use your controller to highlight it, and then follow the instructions on the next page.
- As instructed, you can head over to this page via a web browser or a PC browser. Enter the code you got into the box that says “Activate Your Device,” and then click “Activate.”
- Next, you’ll be required to insert your Twitch credentials, which include your username and password. Once you’ve filled out the blank fields with valid information, press ‘Log In’. Or in case you don’t have an account yet, the sign-up form is right there in the same pop-up window.
- If done correctly, you should come across the ‘Authorize’ button. Click it to grant the app access and proceed to the next step.
- Scroll down and find the option that says ‘Twitch for Xbox One’. There should be a message that confirms the pairing has been successful. It reads like this ‘Your Twitch Account is Connected to Twitch for Xbox One’.
- Now return to the main page of the Twitch app. You’d see a new icon in the top right corner that suggests you’re logged into the account after completing the installation.
Also Read: How to Stream on Twitch on a Windows 10 PC?
- Click on the broadcast tab from the top navigation bar. This will take you to the stream control panel, which allows you to manually adjust the elements of your stream, like broadcast bar position, bitrate, resolution, etc.
- Make sure the top ‘Destination’ field displays Twitch because that’s where you’ll stream the gameplay. Some parts might not be accessible if you haven’t had certain peripherals plugged in. For example, if you are yet to add a camera source, this part will appear washed out. The highlight will simply pass over it when you scroll up and down using the controller.
- The microphone, party chat, and game sections come with a slider. You can move it left or right to turn up / down the volume. This feature is useful to obtain the perfect audio balance between all these components. There’s also a slider for the game volume.
- As for the bitrate, you can go for automatic bitrate since it suggests an optimum speed after analyzing your internet bandwith. This prevents connectivity problems like lag and frame drops. Meanwhile, the stream resolution can be set to 1080p if your internet is fast. Otherwise, choose a lower resolution to deliver maximum quality on-stream.
Also Read: How to Stream on Twitch on a Macbook Air?
- Go back to the main screen and load the game you want to play. To initiate real-time broadcasting, just hit the ‘Start Streaming’ button.
What equipment do I need to stream on Twitch Xbox One?
To do this, all you need is a webcam, a headset, and a Twitch account. These three items are sufficient to get your stream up and running.
The console and a functional controller are, of course, the most important pieces of equipment. Each serves a distinct function.
The webcam captures your face, while the headset captures your voice, which will be mixed with the output later.
Just make sure you use a headset with a built-in microphone. Remember that this feature is not available on all products.
Do you own a Kinect sensor? If so, there’s no need for a dedicated webcam because it can function as one, too. If not, an ordinary webcam with support for Windows and a USB port can be an alternative.
For streaming to Twitch, a Kinect is of the utmost importance. It’s okay to use another type for streaming to other platforms like Mixer.
Still confused? Watch this video for more information on stream setup:
Also Read: Can You Stream on Twitch from Mobile?
How do I stream sound to Twitch on Xbox one?
You can directly stream sound to your Twitch stream by plugging a microphone into the 3.5mm headphone jack.
While this is possible with a Kinect due to its built-in microphone, a premium headset is a good idea if you want to level up the audio setup.
The Xbox One chat headset is a viable option. The design of this device is lightweight and streamlined, but the audio is surprisingly crisp and clear.
However, if you want to elevate the experience even further, a staple product from a well-known brand will suffice.
Twitch Streaming on Xbox Conclusion
Twitch integration enables Xbox users to stream gameplay videos directly from their consoles.
If something is still unclear to you, scroll back up to read our step-by-step instructions on how to stream on Twitch on Xbox.
We’ve also provided information on the basic equipment you’ll need to set up your first live stream.
It may not let you customize it as much as PC streaming, but you can change some important things, like the audio levels and bitrate.