If you stream on Twitch a lot, you may notice the team label located right below the gameplay. The link is what we call as a team on Twitch. That basically shows what group a streamer has joined in.
Does it offer any real benefits?
Yes, such as helping you grow following and to learn to cooperate with others. Just give it a go if you think that you’ll reap a lot of benefits from it. Each team has its own standards and rules put in place. For this reason, you should know them before deciding to apply for one.
Today we’ll explain how to join a team on Twitch, but first, think again if it’s perfect for you or not. Keep in mind that having a team increases your chances of growing visibility online. It’s not easy to rise to fame especially when there are many who are also trying to make it there.
Your best bet is a team because you can get extra views from those who are curious to check out your team. Besides, for someone who just got their feet wet on the scene, there’s a lot to learn. We’ll talk about how to join a team on Twitch.
- What is a Twitch team?
- How to find a Twitch team
- How to join a Twitch team
- Best place to find recruiting Twitch teams
- What to look for in a team
- Advantage of joining a Twitch team
- Disadvantage of being part of a Twitch team
- Leaving a Twitch team
- Final Thoughts
- Related Posts
- How To Activate Twitch TV? [Guide]
- How to Stream on Twitch with OBS?
- How to Stream on Twitch on a PS4?
- Can You Stream on Twitch from Mobile?
- How to Stream on Twitch on a Windows 10 PC?
- How to Stream on Twitch on a Macbook Air?
- What Gaming Chair Do Most Streamers Use?
- How Much Do Girls Get Paid on Twitch?
- How to Make Money on Twitch as a Girl?
- Top Female Gaming Youtubers in 2022?
- What Equipment Do I need to Live Stream?
- Wondering About What Games to Stream?
- What Should I Look for in a Webcam for Gaming?
- How to Make Gaming Videos on Youtube?
- Sites Like Twitch? Here are Some Good Alternatives.
What is a Twitch team?
It’s basically a team that unites Twitch streamers. A team consists of multiple members who are likely to share similar interests and passions. There are many reasons to join a team. Some use them as a way to make friends, while others use them to bring attention to their channel.
There’s nothing wrong with using it as a stepping stone to grow in popularity because it could be tough doing it alone sometimes. And then, some players are also aiming for future collaborations. By befriending new people, more opportunities will present themselves in the future. You could end up making videos with friends on Twitch, Youtube, and other platforms.
To be in a team, you have two options. The first one is creating it, which is a bit tricky because you have to earn specific achievements. We’ve explained it in the previous post. The second one is joining an existing team. It can also be tricky as it’s by invite only.
How to find a Twitch team
To find one, figure out what you’re interested in seeing. Every gamer when they’re asked about their favorite games should be able to answer without hesitation. Do this if you have trouble finding a team. Or you can look up your faves on the streaming platform.
Joining a team with members playing the same game can be a double-edged sword. On the one hand, people are easier to find you especially if the team already has a good reputation.
But on the other hand, it may put you in direct competition with other members. Viewers may gravitate towards certain members especially those who are enjoyable to watch. To overcome this, try to provide something unique but not out of character. There’s no need to be somebody you’re not in order to get people’s attention.
Just stay true to yourself and be committed to what you’re doing. There are several types of teams you can find on Twitch. Here are some of them:
- Big teams. Don’t get it twisted, a big team may have come to that level because it has accepted everyone. While it sounds tempting to join one, it’s easy to get drowned by all the members. Hence, don’t mistake it for being prestigious.
- Niche teams. These teams could be smaller, but despite that, they offer more value to the members. Having a smaller number of people means that everyone can get a fair share of attention. It’s also easier to organize those involved. If you need a team with a good support system, this can be an option.
- Sponsorship teams. These are teams whose members are endorsed by corporations. It’s such an honor to get into one of these, but it’s no easy feat, though. Being in a sponsorship team indicates that you’ve officially become an ambassador for a brand.
How to join a Twitch team
Joining a team starts with you getting an invitation from another streamer. If there’s one sent out to you, then you should know how to accept it. Here are the steps to take:
- Click on the avatar or icon that you see on top right corner.
- Proceed to Settings.
- Head to the ‘Channel and Videos’ tab.
- Scroll down to the ‘My Teams’ section.
- The invite should show up there and to confirm, all you have to do is click ‘Accept’.
That’s it. The last click would validate your status as a new member of the team. Getting an invite is probably the most difficult part of all.
To get people interested, you should offer them value. For example, try to set up the stream as professionally as possible by using quality equipment. And then, boost your stats on the platform.
Best place to find recruiting Twitch teams
The best way to find a team is by browsing through streams. You can befriend people who you come across during the search and ask for their suggestions regarding recruiting teams. By being an active user on Twitch, you shouldn’t have a hard time finding different types of teams.
Once you find one, just click on the link that takes you to the list of users. They can be used as references to discover more teams. You can also take a cue from favorite streamers. Well-known figures usually have a big following, which can help you find people who happen to be fans of the same streamers.
And then, use social media like Facebook, Twitter, Reddit, and Discord. Many Twitch streamers also have accounts on these platforms. You can dig more information about networking and teams from them.
What to look for in a team
First thing first, you should know what a team is classified into. Not all teams are created equal. There are massive teams that have large numbers of users. But they’re probably not ideal as you can easily get dwarfed by the other members. You can count on a smaller one to progress further on the streaming platform.
A small team consists of several members, which means you can support each other more profoundly. It’s also easier to organize a small group of people than a large one.
Moreover, the values of a team also matter. You’d want to be in a team whose members have the same passion as you. It can be a bit challenging, but you can keep on searching.
Advantage of joining a Twitch team
One of the perks of joining a team is that you can get extra traffic. This is especially true if some members turn out to be big on Twitch. Anytime they’re offline, their fans may want to check out other users who are currently online. You did yourself a massive disservice if you missed out on the opportunity to team up with a popular user. Just snag it if it ever comes your way.
Another benefit is related to networking. Teams often have members that share their values. Being in a team not only helps with networking but also helps you learn from others because they are genuinely interested in topics you also find appealing.
Disadvantage of being part of a Twitch team
One thing that bugs you is probably the rules. To be quite honest, that’s not really a disadvantage because those kinds of things are expected when you plug yourself into an organization.
Hence, think again if you’re ready to comply with the rules before joining. The team may require you to stream for several days each week. If you’re not ready for that commitment, either say no or leave before it takes a toll on yourself.
Leaving a Twitch team
Leaving a team is quite an instant process, but you want to make sure that there are no hard feelings between teammates prior to departure. A simple message to the owner and friends is enough to help them understand the situation.
Once they get it, you can leave with no burden on your shoulders. By the time you’re ready for that, follow these instructions:
- Go to channel Settings.
- Click on Channel and Videos.
- Head to My Teams, and then select Remove.
With this, you should’ve taken yourself out. Now you can carry on with your life or find another team to hop on.
It’s at your discretion to join a Twitch team. If you think it will positively impact your career, then go ahead. But if you feel more comfortable not being associated with one, we’ll also respect your decision.
Twitch team can be seen as an extra feature provided by the platform. It all comes down to each individual to take advantage of it or not.
That said, there are many things you’ll get from participation in a team. You can share knowledge with others, have a chance for collaborations, and maybe give your channel a chance to grow bigger. It doesn’t hurt to be in one especially when you can leave at any time.
Hopefully, after reading this article, you know how to join a team on Twitch and all the benefits that come with it.