As a loyal Twitch viewer, you’re probably wondering how much time you’ve spent on the platform.
Many of us aren’t too bothered with it, especially when the live streams are too addictive to miss.
However, measuring time could say something about your streaming habit.
You may have such a strong affinity for it that it takes most of your spare time.
While not bad, time goes by quickly when we’re immersed in something we love. At least with proper monitoring, you will be alerted if it starts getting out of hand.
Is there a way to see how many hours you’ve watched on Twitch?
Well, Twitch doesn’t have a feature that discloses such information, but there are alternatives to finding out about your watch time.
See Also: Twitch Account Creation Date
So, is there a way to see how many hours you’ve watched on Twitch?
Yes, there are ways to get this data.
However, since Twitch doesn’t give you this information by default, you have to use third-party software like StreamElements or Watch Time Tracker to achieve this.
We will go over each of these in greater detail below.
Use The StreamElements Bot
First, you can do it with the StreamElements bot.
Keep in mind that this can only be enabled from the streamer’s side, meaning that if you’re a viewer of a channel that doesn’t have this set up, you won’t be able to track your watch time.
- To activate it, head over to StreamElements.
- Hit the “Login” button at the top of the page. Click on Twitch from the selection, and then insert your login credentials.
- On the dashboard, pay attention to the right-hand side of the screen. You should see “Bot Settings” there.
- What you’re going to do is click on the “Join Channel” button below the bot icon.
- The next step is to let the bot moderate your Twitch chat. To do this, go back to the chat, and type in “/mod streamelements”, hitting enter.
- Go back to the StreamElements dashboard and scroll down to Loyalty Settings on the left sidebar.
- If the toggle is still off, that means the features are inactive. Set it to ON so that you can utilize the watch time command. A click on it will move the slider to the right.
- There are some fields under the toggle, but you can skip them.
- Mouse over to “Chat Bot”, click “Chat Commands”, and then set the “!watchtime” slider to ON.
- Return to your Twitch chat to test out the feature. In the chat box, type in “!watchtime”, and the bot will reply with the total duration of a user’s watch time. You can watch the following video for reference:
As said before, this method would require you to have access to a streamer’s dashboard.
If they don’t have it enabled yet, at least you should convince them to activate the bot. Otherwise, it won’t work.
- Guide: How Long You’ve Been Following Someone On Twitch?
- Guide: How Long Someone Has Been Streaming on Twitch?
Utilize The DeepBot
Another tool to get viewers’ total spent time is Deepbot.
Just like the streamelements bot, it should be activated by the streamers first.
If you are a streamer, you simply need to change “Show Rank” to “Show Hours Watched” in Deepbot’s config window.
Following that, your viewers will be able to keep track of the amount of time they spend watching.
For example, to see how long a user “Viewerxyz” has been watching a streaming, use the following simple command:
Deepbot: ViewerXYZ has watched this stream for 13.2 hours.
This tool is especially useful if you want to reward viewers who have been watching your stream for a certain amount of time.
This kind of incentive makes people want to compete by watching your channel for longer.
Make Use of Watchtime Tracker
There’s another alternative that comes in handy for viewers because there’s no need to wait for their favorite streamer to take action.
The method is into install watchtime tracker extension on the browser.
Look it up on the Chrome Web Store, or visit this link instead.
The great thing about this chrome extension is that it has a tracking system for both Twitch and Youtube.
For Twitch, in particular, the Chrome extension helps calculate watch time for each streamer. It also supports synchronization across multiple devices.
To install, click on the “Add to Chrome” button on the right side. You’ll be prompted with a pop-up window to confirm the installation.
Click “Add Extension”. That’s it.
Twitch Watch Time: Viewers Check Hours Conclusion
So, there you have it.
Now you know how to check how many hours you’ve watched on Twitch and how to see your most watched twitch streamers.
Yep, you need to work around it since this doesn’t come as an option on the platform.
We’ve included three solutions in this article. Go check them out and start counting your watch time.