You could’ve been on Twitch longer than you might think because it’s not a necessity to have an account to watch streams on the platform.
However, if you plan on becoming a streamer, it’s definitely important to sign up for one.
There are many perks you will be eligible for following the account’s creation.
You can set up a channel, follow channels, and leave messages in chat boxes. You can also subscribe, which is different from following because it requires a fee.
That aside, you’re probably curious about your account’s age, especially if it’s an old one. We’re going to go over it in the following tutorial.
Tutorial: How to find out how long have I been on Twitch?
If you want to know how long you’ve been on Twitch, visit the Twitch website, and then sign in to your account.
- Click on your profile pic in the top right corner, which will prompt a dropdown menu. There are a couple of options, but bring your mouse over “Channel” and click it.
- On the next page, you have to scroll down till you see the “Chat” tab. This will bring up the chat window.
- Click on the chat, and then type in this command: “/user username.” For instance, if it’s throwawayuser123, then you should input “/user throawayuser123” in the chatbox.
- Hit enter. The reply will disclose the account’s creation date. Repeat the same process if you want to know about another account’s age. Use the same exact command, just replace the username.
This shouldn’t be difficult to comprehend if you’ve used Twitch commands before. They are a set of instructions that streamers use to carry out specific tasks.
If this sounds too complicated, there’s another one that’s more straightforward, which is using a third-party site.
Have you heard of Sullygnome?
It’s a website that provides analytics on Twitch users. Using the service to reveal an account’s age is easy.
- Navigate to the Sullygnome website.
- Look at the search bar in the top right corner. Here you can type in any username that matches the age you’re curious about.
- We inserted “jun_0217zzz” just for an example. We actually just typed in “jun” and then it came up with so many suggestions. And we ended up clicking on that username.
- As shown in the image, the Twitch account was created on January 29th, 2018, which is pretty old by now. The graphs below it have little information to display, which suggests that the user still needs to grow the channel. He’s quite consistent with his streaming schedule, judging by the stream summary, but it doesn’t seem to translate into followers.
Streaming relentlessly doesn’t guarantee an influx of viewers and followers. You need to promote more to broaden your reach.
And if there are things that need to be improved, like the way you communicate or the games you play, then fix them and see if there’s a good impact afterward.
Wrap Up: Finding The Date You Created a Twitch Account
After reading this, you should know the answer to the question, “How to check how long you’ve been on Twitch?”
Being a Twitch viewer and registering an account are two different things. You could’ve been a long-time lurker but are yet to have an account.
Let’s say you’ve known about Twitch for 4 years, then you can say you’ve been on the platform for that long.
But if you’ve had an account from the very beginning and want to know how long it has existed, either method in this article will satisfy your curiosity.