What’s the best mechanical keyboard Black Friday 2022?
There are many tempting offers on this biggest shopping event of the year. So to avoid making a wrong decision, you should know what you need. Each keyboard has a different set of features.
If you demand more features, then you have to pay more. Mechanical keyboards come in a broad range of prices. Entry-level products are typically cheaper, but they also lag behind in quality and features.
If you have more to spend, those in the mid-range and top-tier categories might be more tempting. They are the best you can get.
In addition to sturdy designs, high-end models are also packed with extraordinary features.
- The Best Mechanical Keyboard Black Friday
- 1. HyperX Alloy FPS Pro – Tenkeyless Mechanical Gaming Keyboard – 87-Key, Ultra-Compact Form Factor – Linear & Quiet – Cherry MX Red – Red LED Backlit (HX-KB4RD1-US/R1)
- 2. Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 Rapidfire Mechanical Gaming Keyboard – USB Passthrough & Media Controls – Fastest & Linear – Cherry MX Speed – RGB LED Backlit
- 3. Logitech G910 Orion Spark RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard – 9 Programmable Buttons, Dedicated Media Controls
- 4. Redragon K552 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard RGB LED Rainbow Backlit Wired Keyboard with Red Switches for Windows Gaming PC (87 Keys, Black)
- 5. PICTEK Gaming Keyboard with Phone Holder and Volume Wheel, Customizable RGB Backlit Wired Keyboard, Mechanical Feeling, 9 Dedicated Media Keys, Splash-Proof, Black
- 6. GK61 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard – 61 Keys Multi Color RGB Illuminated LED Backlit Wired Programmable for PC/Mac Gamer Tactile (Gateron Optical Brown)
- 7. Havit Mechanical Keyboard and Mouse Combo RGB Gaming 104 Keys Blue Switches Wired USB Keyboards with Detachable Wrist Rest, Programmable Gaming Mouse (Black)
- 8. ROCCAT Vulcan 121 Aimo RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard – Brown Switches
- 9. Razer BlackWidow Elite Mechanical Gaming Keyboard: Orange Mechanical Switches – Tactile & Silent – Chroma RGB Lighting – Magnetic Wrist Rest – Dedicated Media Keys & Dial
- 10. Redragon K556 RGB LED Backlit Wired Mechanical Gaming Keyboard, Aluminum Base, 104 Standard Keys
- Picking the best mechanical keyboard on Black Friday
- Best Keyboard Deals Conclusion
The Best Mechanical Keyboard Black Friday
1. HyperX Alloy FPS Pro – Tenkeyless Mechanical Gaming Keyboard – 87-Key, Ultra-Compact Form Factor – Linear & Quiet – Cherry MX Red – Red LED Backlit (HX-KB4RD1-US/R1)
A gaming keyboard doesn’t need to have a full key configuration. You can also opt for a tenkeyless design because the numeric pad is rather negligible. Besides, the lack of this pad can cut down on weight significantly.
This is a prime example of a tenkeyless gaming keyboard. It’s made by a manufacturer that’s no stranger to quality gaming peripherals. Aside from the high accuracy, the keyboard also provides tactile feedback thanks to the Cherry MX red switches. Besides, the whole thing is wrapped in a sturdy solid frame, so it can withstand ‘abusive’ gaming.
Despite the streamlined design, it’s loaded with awesome features, such as N-Key rollover, game mode, etc. The USB cable can also be detached, which allows for easy storage and mobility.
2. Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 Rapidfire Mechanical Gaming Keyboard – USB Passthrough & Media Controls – Fastest & Linear – Cherry MX Speed – RGB LED Backlit
Corsair is another well-known brand in the PC gaming sphere. While the price might catch you off guard, it has quality to back it up. Let’s talk about the robust construction. This is a necessity for a gaming peripheral as it has to endure abusive treatment.
The good news is this keyboard is constructed using aircraft grade anodized brushed aluminum, which ensures that it lasts much longer than the average keyboard in the market. It also comes with profile storage to save up to 3 profiles.
Another highlight of this product is the dazzling RGB lighting. As we know, this has become a staple feature in gaming keyboards, and rightfully so. It adds a lot to the fun.
Meanwhile, the use of Cherry MX key switches really elevates the typing experience by adding a sense of touch on keypresses.
3. Logitech G910 Orion Spark RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard – 9 Programmable Buttons, Dedicated Media Controls
Investing in a quality keyboard is a good move because high quality goes a long way. While you may have to pay more in advance, you’d end up spending less because a good quality keyboard should last for years. This product is from Logitech, a brand built on years of trust.
The listing states that this keyboard is nearly 25% better in actuation performance, which means it recognizes every command much faster than usual. It’s especially useful for gaming as every millisecond of latency makes a difference.
It’s also connected to ARX control app to keep track of in-game data. On top of the keyboard, there’s a docking station to insert your Smartphone into, so you can clearly see the data in question.
4. Redragon K552 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard RGB LED Rainbow Backlit Wired Keyboard with Red Switches for Windows Gaming PC (87 Keys, Black)
For a more affordable option, you can consider this one. It sports a tenkeyless design, so you can shed off the unnecessary weight that limits its movement. This compact keyboard is claimed to be proof resistant.
As seen on the picture, it’s adorned with RGB backlight. There are 19 lighting effects to choose from and that’s not the only customizable element. You can switch between the multiple brightness levels with ease. Moreover, the keycaps look carefully designed because the backlight peeking through appears uniform.
When it comes to build quality, it doesn’t disappoint. It’s made of metal ABS combo, which, although common, is still great. The 87 keys are built with anti-ghosting technology, so pressing down multiple keys shouldn’t be a problem.
5. PICTEK Gaming Keyboard with Phone Holder and Volume Wheel, Customizable RGB Backlit Wired Keyboard, Mechanical Feeling, 9 Dedicated Media Keys, Splash-Proof, Black
Are you tight on budget? Don’t worry, there are still keyboards priced below $50 like this one. Speaking of the form factor, there’s little that makes it stand out, but it’s not a big deal because even many pricier models also go down this route design-wise.
But there’s one thing what will grab your attention, which is the volume wheel. It provides an easy access to volume control. There are also 9 multimedia keys to help you maneuver through menus instantly.
As far as typing goes, it’s quite good actually. It has that tactile response but with added smoothness to it. This way, hand fatigue won’t kick in too soon.
Another plus point of this keyboard is the broad OS support. You can pair it with devices that run Windows 2000, XP, Vista, Win 7, Win 8, Win 10, Linux and Mac.
6. GK61 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard – 61 Keys Multi Color RGB Illuminated LED Backlit Wired Programmable for PC/Mac Gamer Tactile (Gateron Optical Brown)
A quality keyboard isn’t more than just a smooth typing experience or tactile feedback. There are other factors that matter just as much, such as RBG backlight. In fact, it has become a standard in many products.
Luckily, this keyboard doesn’t skip on that one. And it’s highly customizable, too. It comes with numerous modes, such as Windmill, Gradient, Aurora, and more. This keyboard also offers easy setup. All you have to do is plug it into the appropriate port, it will work once the installation is complete.
Another interesting feature is swappable switches in which you can change to your liking. As for the design, it’s very compact. If you want a keyboard that doesn’t look bulky yet includes essential features likes macros, programmable keys, anti-ghosting technology, this is the answer.
7. Havit Mechanical Keyboard and Mouse Combo RGB Gaming 104 Keys Blue Switches Wired USB Keyboards with Detachable Wrist Rest, Programmable Gaming Mouse (Black)
For that price, you’ll get one keyboard and a mouse. The keyboard particularly has many compelling features. For instance, the RGB lighting flashes in 14 backlight modes. It also belongs to the mechanical type with keys that respond quickly to presses.
Design-wise, it’s the opposite of tenkeyless. If you want a keyboard that doesn’t skip any key, this full-size keyboard is the way to go.
The mouse is equally good, if not better, for any MOBA game. It has numerous DPI levels (800/1600/ 2400/ 3200 / 4000/ 4800) to adjust the sensitivity relative to the cursor’s movement.
There are a few areas where this keyboard does exceptionally great. First, it responds to key presses fast without compromising the mechanical feel. Second, it’s made to last thanks to the amazing construction. The keyboard consists of a robust anodized aluminum top plate to withstand heavy gaming sessions.
There’s also a palm rest on the bottom to provide extra comfort while typing. Furthermore, The LED backlight puts on a stunning light show in 16.8m colors.
The light penetrates through the key switch housing beautifully. Besides the basic keys, it comes with multimedia keys that work as shortcuts to a wide array of functions.
9. Razer BlackWidow Elite Mechanical Gaming Keyboard: Orange Mechanical Switches – Tactile & Silent – Chroma RGB Lighting – Magnetic Wrist Rest – Dedicated Media Keys & Dial
A keyboard can be expensive as long as the price is justified. The brand attached to this product can give an insight into its overall quality. To see if it’s worth it, we can learn about the main features. This keyboard comes with Razer orange switches for the ultimate tactile feedback.
Not only is the actuation optimized specifically for gaming, but typing also becomes quieter. Additionally, the keyboard also boasts Razer Chroma integration, control software by Razer that takes visualization effect to the next level.
And in case you want macros, they’re included as well. They’re reprogrammable to make it easier to execute long sequences of commands.
10. Redragon K556 RGB LED Backlit Wired Mechanical Gaming Keyboard, Aluminum Base, 104 Standard Keys
Mechanical keyboards are known for their high noise outputs. That’s not necessarily a bad thing because the clicky sound gives a sense of touch, but in some keyboards, it’s slightly reduced, like this one.
Despite having mechanical switches, the typing feels a bit quieter. It also features RGB lighting with 6 themes to choose from. Adjusting brightness is easy by pressing down the Fn + arrow up or down button simultaneously. Besides, as something marketed as a gaming keyboard, the N-key rollover really improves its functionality.
Design-wise, it looks decent with its matte finish. More importantly, it incorporates metal, so durability is guaranteed.
Picking the best mechanical keyboard on Black Friday
Backlight comes as a standard addition in many mechanical keyboards these days as it can improve appearance. Even if the exterior seems uneventful with the solid black theme, the attractiveness will go up a few notches when the backlight comes on.
That’s why it’s important to pay attention to this feature. Check out the modes assigned to the backlit. Also, learn if there are other customizable aspects of the RGB backlight, like the brightness, profiles, etc.
2. Type of switches
This is equally important as it directly affects your comfort while typing. Different types of switches have different characteristics. The most common term you’ll hear associated with this is ‘cherry MX’. These switches are available in several colors.
Blue switches are known for delivering tactile feedback with light depression level. Brown switches have tactile bump with medium depression level. There are more colors like white, green, black, and red. All these have certain qualities to them that affect how you feel when pressing keys down.
When it comes to design, the decision is all yours. You know what you like or not on a keyboard. Although keyboards come in various styles, many of them look quite similar. Besides, they also often sport solid black as the main color. Basically, they aren’t as expressive as let’s say gaming headsets in this respect.
Having said that, some keyboards do have differentiating features. For example, instead of sporting rectangle designs, they have curves to conform to the contours of the forearms and hands. This variety, however, isn’t as common as the traditional ones.
Do you want a wired or a wireless keyboard? Both have pros and cons. Wired keyboards usually have an edge in responsiveness because data transmission occurs through a cord. Surprisingly, what people don’t like about these keyboards is the cord itself because it creates clutter.
What wireless keyboards are lacking, they make up for it with being cord-free. You have the final say on this. If you prefer speed, then a wired one would be more fitting. But if you prefer portability and clutter-free design, then the wireless one is a good substitute.
5. Control software
Some keyboards come with proprietary programs to control different aspects like profiles, lighting, etc. Not all have this feature, so you might see it as a big deal.
Corsair, for instance, has iCUE which is an interface to help you personalize Corsair components and unite them. Razer offers similar customization with Razer Chroma, control software that can unlock your keyboard’s full potential.
Best Keyboard Deals Conclusion
With all the choices available, it’s hard to decide the best mechanical keyboard Black Friday. If you describe the best as in having the most features and exceptional built quality, then you can go for the most expensive model. But what’s best for one might not be the best for another.
There are many factors that come into play. For example, mechanical keyboards vary in switches. Each type of switches offers a unique feel. A keyboard can be super expensive, but if you aren’t fond of the typing feel, you probably won’t buy it and skip it for another.
The same goes for RGB lighting. While expensive models are likely to have various customizations, cheaper ones can also perform well in this area.